The Best PayPal Casino Sites in New Zealand
Below is a list of online casinos in New Zealand where you can deposit funds and withdraw your winnings using PayPal.
|Paypal Casinos||Casino Bonus||Wagering Requirements|
|CLAIM BONUS||21 no deposit free spins on Goddess of Fortunes upon signup + 100% up to $500 match bonus at Blackspins||40 times (deposit + bonus)||BlackSpins Review|
|CLAIM BONUS||$1000 in Welcome Casino Bonuses on your first 3 deposits at Betway||50 times||Betway Review|
|CLAIM BONUS||Up to NZ$1100 in casino bonuses + 375 spins on Book of Dead at CasiGO||35 times (deposit + bonus)||CasiGO Review|
|CLAIM BONUS||100% up to $200 Casino Bonus + 100 Free Spins at GenerationVIP||35 times||Generation VIP Review|
|CLAIM BONUS||1 No Deposit Free Spins for a chance to win Multi Million Jackpot. Then, deposit $1 and receive 40 Jackpot Free Spins at Casino Classic||0 times on Jackpot Free Spins||Casino Classic Review|
|CLAIM BONUS||2000% Match Bonus. Deposit $1 and receive $20 at Nostalgia Casino||30 times (deposit + bonus)||Nostalgia Casino Review|
|CLAIM BONUS||100% up to $200 casino bonus at BGO||50 times||BGO Review|
|CLAIM BONUS||80 Free Spins No Wagering on Book of Dead at PlayOJO||0 times||PlayOJO Review|
|CLAIM BONUS||80 Free Spins to Hit the Mega Moolah Jackpot + up to $480 in casino bonuses||60 times on Jackpot Free Spins, 30 times on casino bonuses||Zodiac Casino Review|
|CLAIM BONUS||50 No Deposit Free Spins on Book of Dead. Up to $2500 casino bonus + 200 extra spins at Conquestador||20 times on No Deposit Free Spins, up to 30 times on Deposit Casino Bonus||Conquestador Casino Review|
|CLAIM BONUS||NZ$1000 in Casino Bonuses + 100 Free Spins on your first 3 deposits at Jonny Jackpot||35 times (deposit + bonus)||Jonny Jackpot Casino Review|
Paypal as payment method in online casinos
A few years ago now, an online casino payment method was introduced and it certainly hit the ground running. PayPal was a unique and ground-breaking payment method that experts thought would fail. However, despite any negativity that surrounded it, PayPal continued to grow and grow into a hugely successful payment service and is now considered to be one of the most popular payment service providers in New Zealand, especially when it comes to online casinos.
Now, in 2021, there is an excellent selection of PayPal casino sites – all making it quick and easy to deposit and withdraw using PayPal. There are now many PayPal casino sites and gambling sites to choose from. Online PayPal casinos that accept PayPal deposits are readily available. Today, we can relax knowing that because PayPal grew to such a huge extent, and despite the fact that many predicted it would fail, this ground-breaking payment provider has us covered with a quick and safe way to pay money into our online casino accounts.
When looking at everything PayPal has to offer, it makes sense that the e-Wallet, PayPal, became so popular for transferring money. It is so popular that people don’t just use it to transfer money, they even use it to purchase goods and services online in New Zealand. As such, the fact the many mobile casinos accept it, and the fact that there are new PayPal casino sites regularly being launched comes as no surprise. PayPal lets New Zealanders top up their accounts at online casinos quickly and safely. They can also remain anonymous in the process. As a result, the demand for online casino deposit and withdrawal transactions continues to grow every day.
Whilst many people know all about PayPal transactions, there may still be some that are unfamiliar with the PayPal payment option. We will not only provide you with lots of useful information about this casino payment method, but we will also provide you with a list of the best PayPal online casinos, so you can start your journey with the knowledge that you are in very safe hands.
In this article, you will find out all about:
- A full overview of real money gambling using PayPal at online casinos.
- The advantages and disadvantages of using PayPal.
- How to make deposits and withdrawals using PayPal.
- What casino bonus offers are available to players using PayPal.
- The best alternative payment options.
Online Gambling At PayPal Casinos NZ
The best thing about gambling with PayPal at online casinos in New Zealand is that it is not only safe, but it is also convenient, creating a pleasant and stress-free user experience. PayPal as a casino banking method is very easy to use, and if you choose this as a payment method of choice, you can open an account in seconds. Not only this but there now is also a good selection of the best online casino PayPal deposits sites for you to enjoy. When using PayPal, you can expect your deposits and withdrawals to be processed quickly and safely. What’s not to like? Additionally, this payment method comes without charges and transaction fees. It’s not difficult to see why PayPal casinos are so popular!
Aside from speedy withdrawals and ease of use, another reason for players to register at casinos that accept PayPal is the deposits and withdrawals limits attached to online PayPal transactions. Generally, the minimum PayPal deposit is between NZ$10 and NZ$30, which is pretty standard. Meanwhile, the maximum deposit you can make using PayPal is around NZ$20,000. However, this depends on the terms and conditions of the different PayPal casinos. Having said that. more people tend to be concerned about withdrawals. What are the minimum and maximum PayPal withdrawals? Compared to other banking methods, PayPal is one of the most generous in this sense. PayPal offers quite a low cashout limit and this is a huge plus. This means that even if you have only won a small amount, you can use PayPal to cash out the money. Some PayPal gambling sites even have an NZ$0 limit.
However, the biggest benefit that attracts most players is the fact that it is one of the most safe and secure of all banking methods. PayPal is a company that takes online payment security very seriously. Any customer that deposits and withdraws via PayPal can feel safe in the knowledge that the company uses the most up to date technology to protect users. What’s more, you can get this security and ease of use on both desktop and mobile casino, making it perfect for users to play online from wherever they are.
Here are the main reasons that so many players choose PayPal :
- There are a lot of PayPal casino sites available now. There are more online casinos that accept PayPal now than ever before.
- It offers very quick deposits and withdrawals.
- Because it is an e-Wallet, you do not have to enter bank details into your online casino.
- You can usually claim the online casino welcome bonus when making your first deposit using PayPal.
- Online PayPal casinos are some of the most trustworthy in the industry.
- It is quick and easy to create a PayPal account.
- PayPal has a low minimum deposit
- PayPal deposits and withdrawals are safe and secure.
- This e-Wallet is accepted all around the world.
- It offers players free gambling transactions.
As you can see, in comparison with other banking options, PayPal is the obvious payment option.
PayPal Casino Disadvantages
Although you can use PayPal to make a whole number of online transactions, it isn’t the perfect payment option. There are still some disadvantages attached to PayPal casinos. Having said that, the disadvantages linked to PayPal casino payments can also be true of a number of other banking options. However, before choosing to use PayPal at your chosen online casinos, it is important to know any drawbacks that are attached. Here are some disadvantages of PayPal online casinos.
- PayPal in New Zealand isn’t as well recognised as some other payment methods. Indeed, even though it is more popular than ever, there are still a proportionate number of online casinos in New Zealand that don’t accept this payment method.
- There may be fees applied. Although we have said that generally a PayPal online casino won’t charge fees, some smaller casinos might. You will need to read that PayPal casino’s terms and conditions. This is most often the case with currency conversion transactions.
- Some countries still don’t accept PayPal. Despite this being one of the most popular e-wallet names, it still isn’t accepted everywhere.
- There may be occasions when you can’t claim a welcome bonus or free spins offer if you make your qualifying deposit using an e-wallet such as PayPal. You will need to check the welcome bonus terms and conditions before choosing to use it to make your first deposit.
How to Make a PayPal Deposit
The reason PayPal is one of the most popular payment methods is that it is so easy to make a PayPal deposit. E-wallets are known for ease of use and PayPal is no different. Here is a step by step guide to making a casino deposit using your PayPal account.
- Choose a real money online gambling site or online casino that accepts PayPal from our list of best PayPal casinos. All of the casinos that accept PayPal in New Zealand recommended by us are perfect for players who are fully licensed and regulated, offer a generous welcome bonus, free spins offers, hundreds of games and online slots and an overall excellent user experience… as well as PayPal gambling!
- Register at the PayPal casino and head over to the banking section, where you can deposit or withdraw. From the list of casinos online banking options, select ‘PayPal’. On registration at your new PayPal casino, you will need to enter your name, address, email address etc. You then need to tick boxes or enter promo codes to claim any deposit bonuses on offer.
- You then need to enter the amount that you want to deposit and simply make a deposit. It’s that quick and easy. The online payment should then go through instantly and you should also have access to your welcome bonus or free spins offer. However, this is only if you already have a PayPal account. If you don’t then you will need to open a PayPal account before registration.
Withdrawing from Online Casino Sites using PayPal
So, you have played your online slots and hit a win. In this case, you will be looking to get to your casino online winnings as soon as possible. The good news is that e-Wallets such as PayPal offer the quickest and easiest withdrawals. However, if you are new to PayPal casinos, then here is a quick and easy guide to withdrawing using PayPal.
- Head over to the account section of the online casino and then click on the withdrawal section. You will be offered a number of payment options and you simply need to select PayPal. Then enter the amount that you want to withdraw. As long as you have enough money in your account, it should go through.
- Wait for the money to appear in your PayPal account. Often with most online casinos in New Zealand, this should be instant, or at least in under 24 hours. Sometimes the PayPal casino will have a pending time which may add 24-48 hours to the withdrawal time. However, this additional time would be the case whether using any other e-wallets or payment options.
PayPal Casino Bonus Offers and Promotions
When you sign up to a new PayPal casino, one of the first things you might well look at is the welcome bonus or promotions that are available. At most PayPal casinos in New Zealand, there will be a whole host of generous offers available for players using PayPal and other e-Wallet options. With everything else, the quality of the casino welcome offer may well be what swings the decision. There are a number of different types of bonuses and promotions available at online casino and online gambling sites that you can claim when you use PayPal to make your deposit.
- Welcome Offer / First Deposit Bonus: This is normally the biggest and best of all the offers you will come across. This is the way a casino will welcome you to the site. This is normally a match deposit bonus, which could be 100% up to NZ$200. In order to claim this, you will need to make a minimum deposit.
- Free Spins Promotion: This could be on your first deposit or a promotion available to existing casino customers. A Free spins offer can vary from casino to casino, with some offering 10 free spins, while another casino may offer 200 free spins. This bonus is very popular with casino players as it means you can try out different slot games without parting with any of your own real money funds. 200 free spins on a game without parting with a penny is a pretty good deal. You need to check the terms and conditions first to see if you can use PayPal to claim the promotion.
- No Deposit Promotions: Again, these are highly popular with casino players because just like free spins, they allow you to play games at the casino without spending your own money. Remember to check the terms and conditions first to see what the wagering requirements are.
The Best Alternatives to PayPal
Although PayPal is as close to perfect as you can get for online casino payments, some people may not have a PayPal account or may not want to open a PayPal account. That’s fine because there are a number of other payment methods that you can find in any good casino NZ to make your gambling transactions. Here are other e-wallets you can use at most online PayPal casino sites:
- Neteller: This is another popular e-wallet alternative that you can find at online PayPal casino sites in New Zealand. Neteller is a part of the Paysafe Group, so, as you can imagine, this is another very safe and secure way to deposit. It has an excellent reputation and provides instant transaction, free of fees. Like PayPal, it guarantees anonymity and will keep your bank and financial detail away from the casino.
- Skrill: Skrill is very similar to Neteller in the way it works and has many of the same benefits. It is also part of the Paysafe Group, which again, guarantees protection. Just like Neteller, casino transactions are fast and completely free of charges. You can also use it on both desktop and mobile casino.
- Poli: This isn’t as well known or popular as Neteller, Skrill or PayPal, but it is still a good option. This is a method of casino payment that is available exclusively to players in New Zealand and Australia. It allows players to make a casino deposit in seconds. Poli is fast, convenient and completely safe and trustworthy. If you can’t use PayPal, for whatever reason, then Poli is another excellent option available to casino players.
Other alternatives available to PayPal casino players are:
- Debit cards such as Visa, MasterCard, Visa Electron and Maestro
- Prepaid Cards such as Paysafecard
- Pay by Phone options including, Boku and Zimpler
- Google Pay and Apple Pay
- Bank Wire Transfers
- Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin
Not many casino sites offer cryptocurrency payments, but it is an alternative for some. All of these banking methods have pros and cons, so remember to look into each one carefully to decide if it is right for you.
How to Open a PayPal Account
One factor that may put you off joining a PayPal casino is not actually having a PayPal. However, that is no reason to shy away from the casino. Opening an account is really very quick and simple – and well worth doing. Not only can you use it at your online PayPal casino, but you can also use it to make other safe and secure online transactions.
Registering for PayPal
When you opt to register for PayPal, you will need to provide them with your name, address, phone number and email address. You will then be asked to create a secure password, which should consist of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers and characters.
PayPal will then ask you to choose a security question. This could be your first pet’s name, your mum’s maiden name, your place of birth or even your favourite sports team.
As soon as you have clicked the button, PayPal will send you a confirmation email to the email address you provided. This message will contain a link. As soon as you receive the email, open it up and click on the link. This will take you back to the PayPal site and will have confirmed your email address. You then need to enter your chosen password and you are in and ready to go.
Adding Your Card or Bank Details
So, you now have an account, but to be able to use it, you need to link a debit card, credit card or bank details. If you don’t want to use card details, you can add your bank account details. Many people don’t necessarily like the idea of putting bank details online, but you needn’t worry. PayPal uses some of the best encryption technology in the world which will make sure that your details are always totally safe and secure.
In order to register your bank card, you need to enter the long number across the front, the name on the card and the expiration date as well as the card verification number (the three-digit number at the back of the card). You will also need to enter your billing address.
As soon as you have entered all of the details required, you then need to click on submit. PayPal will then submit all of this information to your bank to confirm the information. This generally takes just a minute or two. As soon as PayPal has confirmation, then it will be added to your PayPal account. You can have four cards registered to one PayPal account at any time.
The process is just the same when entering your bank account details into your PayPal account. PayPal will contact the bank for verification then proceed.
The PayPal verification process is very important. PayPal will need to confirm that the bank details you enter are actually yours. If you have online banking, then this takes just minutes for PayPal to confirm. As soon as it has everything it needs, PayPal will make two small deposits into your account. You then need to see how much PayPal has deposited and make a note of it. After this, sign back into PayPal and enter the amount of the deposits made by PayPal. As soon as this is done, your PayPal account is verified and ‘voila’, you’re ready to use PayPal!
The Benefits of Having a Verified PayPal Account
It may seem like a hassle at the time, but having a verified PayPal account does come with a number of benefits.
- You can make a single PayPal transaction of up to NZ$20,000 in one go.
- Your PayPal account will be even more secure.
- Your PayPal account will be trusted by other users. People and PayPal casinos will tend to work only with players who have a verified PayPal account.
When first opening up your account, it may be that you can only withdraw a maximum of NZ$1,000 in any given month, which can help when it comes to responsible gambling. However, you can raise your PayPal payment limit by following these steps:
- Visit www.paypal.com and open up your PayPal account
- When in your account, click on ‘View Limits’
- On this page, look for the link that says ‘lift limit’ and click on it. You will then be able to make bigger and better PayPal transactions.
PayPal Casino FAQs
When looking to sign up with a PayPal casino NZ, there may still be questions you need to be answered. Here are the most frequently asked questions we come across for players new to PayPal.
Can I Use PayPal to Claim a Welcome Bonus?
Not all online casinos that accept PayPal will allow you to claim a bonus using PayPal as a deposit option. However, the majority will. Often, when looking at any casino bonus or promotion, the casino will stipulate certain terms and conditions, such as ‘payment method exclusions apply’. Often, the exclusions are wallet option and refer to Neteller and Skrill. However, sometimes they also include PayPal to the list. As such, we would recommend that you look through all the terms and conditions of your casino carefully before making your first deposit with PayPal.
Can I Play Online Pokies using PayPal?
PayPal is accepted for most pokies and other casino games. However, it all depends on which casino you sign up at. Firstly, you need to check the casino. PayPal can be used at a number of online casinos in NZ and Australia, so the chances are that you can. However, as we said, this very much caries from casino to casino. Should you choose any of our top recommended PayPal casinos, then you can rest assured that the answer is yes. However, if you choose to opt for a different casino, then read through the different payment methods, terms and conditions before signing up.
How Can I Make a PayPal Deposit?
If you want to use PayPal at your chosen casino, then it really couldn’t be easier. You simply need to head over to your account and click on the cashier. You then select PayPal as your payment option and enter the amount that you want to deposit. This will take you to your PayPal account, where you will need to sign in and choose which bank card you want to use. Confirm this, and the transaction is complete. The funds will be put immediately into your account and you can start playing straight away!
Are PayPal Deposits Safe?
Absolutely, without a doubt, PayPal is one of the safest deposit methods available as it means that you will not have to enter any of your financial data onto your casino. What’s more, PayPal has state of the art, top-end encryption technology, meaning that it is fully safe from cyber hacks. As such, you know that making a PayPal payment at any casino will pose no threat. On top of this, PayPal will only work with reputable casinos. So, if the casino you choose has PayPal as a payment method, this is a good indicator that the site is safe, fair and above board.
Are There Any Fees or Limits Attached to PayPal Transactions?
At most good online casinos, there will be zero fees attached to PayPal transactions, whether they are deposits or withdrawals. In addition, PayPal will also not charge you fees. As such, the rule of thumb is that there are no fees for PayPal. However, there are occasionally sneaky casinos that do attach a fee. As such, we would always recommend that you read the terms for your chosen payment method before depositing so that you know for sure. In terms of limits, these are often set by the casino itself. So, again we recommend looking at the banking terms and conditions of your casino. The standard limits set by PayPal would be minimum NZ$10 and maximum NZ$20,000, but a casino may have different limits to suit their own needs.
Can I Withdraw Using PayPal?
Yes. Pretty much every casino that accepts PayPal, will allow both deposits and withdrawals. In fact, if you deposit with PayPal, then you are obliged to withdraw using PayPal, due to anti-money laundering rules. This is no bad thing though, as PayPal offers some of the fastest withdrawals in the industry, with most being processed in less than 24 hours (unless the casino has a pending time).
What is PayPal?
PayPal is one of the most popular e-wallet services in the world. This money transferring service allows players to send money as well as receive money, making it perfect for deposits and withdrawals.