New Zealand Online Casino POLi Payments
If you are looking to play slots and pokies at a real money online casino in New Zealand then we are here to help you find the best options out there for you. We have everything you need to know about Poli payments and POLI casinos right here.
Unfortunately, the number of POLi casinos isn’t as significant as other online casino payment methods throughout the country. The POLi banking method is still undeniably popular in New Zealand, despite this. Indeed, pretty much every POLi payment casino site doesn’t offer just quick, safe and secure banking, but they generally offer an excellent selection of casino games and slot game providers, as well as generous bonuses and promotions – and overall excellent customer service!
POLi is an Internet payment service that first came about in 2006 as Centricom and is located in Australia – although it is also widely used in New Zealand. Since its first inception, it has become a hugely popular option because it is not only very easy to use, but because it doesn’t capture usernames and passwords, and is incredibly safe and secure. For this reason, the number of NZ online casinos – and the number of online casino players that use POLI deposits has grown at an impressively steady rate throughout the years. Here are our favourite NZ online casinos that take POLi payments:
20 No deposit free spins on Book of Dead plus 100% match bonus up to $1200 on first deposit (T&Cs apply). Casumo Casino is one that has won awards – because it has made such an impact in the market. Not only does it offer a vast array of excellent banking options – including POLi, but it offers players the all-around experience, which is why it has won plenty of accolades throughout the years. It offers an attractive site, a huge number of games, plenty of casino bonuses and features and an overall excellent POLi gambling experience!
Jackpot City Casino
Up to $1600 in Casino Bonuses plus 200 free spins on your first 4 deposits. Jackpot City is one of the go-to top online casinos in New Zealand for players looking for high quality, first-class casino games that they can enjoy when making POLi payments. This is considered, by many casino fans, to be one of the ultimate online casino gaming destinations, bringing the thrill of Las Vegas to your own house. Flashy light, lots of bonuses, a huge selection of casino games – and the ultimate casino experience – with quick and easy banking including POLi payments!
Gate 777 Casino
50 no deposit free spins on any NetEnt slot plus up to $1500 in bonus money and 150 extra free spins on your first three deposits. If you are looking for a POLi casino experience that will take you on a journey of thrills, then Gate 777 casino may be just that. Pack up and get ready for a casino adventure as your experience takes you from a virtual airport – with gates leading to all sorts of gambling opportunities. This is a unique and one of a kind experience – and all you need to experience it as a New Zealand player is your POLi payments… you don’t even need a passport.
100% up to $100 plus 70 free spins. SkyCity casino is all about the New Zealand casino audience, which is one of the reasons that this is an excellent POLi casino. SkyCity online casino is the online branch of the hugely popular land-based Sky City casino, in Auckland. As such, the company behind it has a lot of experience in the casino industry. The Sky City Entertainment Group offers its players pretty much everything you would expect from a casino – with an impressive selection of pokies and online slots. Aside from excellent games, a visually stunning experience and plenty of offers, this casino has a variety of safe and secure payment options including POLi payments.
80 Free Spins on Mega Moolah plus up to $480 in bonus money. If you are after a forward-thinking and innovative POLi online casino that has lots to offer New Zealand casino players then this might be just what you are looking for. The Zodiac Casino has an impressive catalogue of games, including not just online pokies, progressive jackpot pokies, video poker, casino table games and plenty more. They are also incredibly generous with bonuses as well – with 5 different deposit bonuses as well as 80 chances to hit the Mega Moolah jackpot. The whole casino is attractive, offers 24-hour customer service and offers an excellent user experience – perfect for POLi casino players!
What is Poli?
Poli is a well-known payment method in Australia and New Zealand. This free Internet payment system makes it possible for players based in New Zealand and Australia to transfer payments for any online services (including online casinos) from their bank account to the casino account without the need to even register. Because it is such a convenient payment option, this is a very popular payment method, especially for players that either does not have access to a debit or credit card – or for those players who would rather not enter their card details on an online casino website!
This is a very modern online payment method that is easily available on plenty of different platforms – which means that whether you are playing on desktop, iOS or Android you can make safe, easy and quick deposits at some of the very best online casinos in New Zealand!
How to Deposit Money to an Online Casino Using POLi
The great news is that making your deposit at any online POLI casino NZ is a piece of cake. Once you have chosen your preferred POLi casino then you simply need to choose it as your preferred payment option. Once you have done this, there will be a pop-up window that will appear on your screen. Here, you will need to enter how much you want to deposit and the details of the New Zealand (or Australia) bank where you hold your account – along with any other details about your deposit you are required to enter. You will then be directed over to your bank account to confirm your payment. Once this is completed – you will receive an email to say the payment has been sent – and the casino will also receive an email to confirm the transaction.
Simply put, depositing using POLi is really as simple as it could ever be – and is a lot easier than other Internet banking systems that are currently available in New Zealand and Australia for making online casino and gambling site transactions!
Withdrawals Using POLi
There can be no doubt that POLi is a fantastic banking system for paying deposits into your casino account. However, unfortunately, withdrawals via POLI are not quite as straightforward. Although there are some online casinos that do allow both deposits and withdrawals via this payment service, if punters do wish to do so then not only will they need to complete additional registration, but they will also normally be charged a small fee, which is normally around 0.9% of the withdrawal plus $0.30. So, if you wish to withdraw $1,000 you will be charged $9.30. Although this isn’t huge, it’s still something you may want to avoid as a player.
It’s worth pointing out that there are plenty of other money withdrawal options available for players in Australia and New Zealand, with numerous options including e-wallets such as Skrill and Neteller.
The Best Withdrawal Alternatives
If withdrawing via POLi isn’t available or it is something you want to avoid because of the time and fees attached to the method, here are some of our preferred withdrawal options:
- Debit and Credit Cards
- Instant bank transfers
Why Choose POLi?
The reason that POLi payments are so popular is that there are plenty of advantages to making online casino deposits with POLi as either a resident of New Zealand or Australia. Here are the main benefits.
Pros of Depositing with Poli at Online Casino Sites
Online casino players from New Zealand and Australia have numerous advantages when it comes to using POLI to make their real-time bank transfer deposits at a casino site as we have already seen. For a start, every single POLI casino that we would recommend is safe, trustworthy and reliable – licensed by a regulatory body such as the MGA or UK Gambling Commission. As well as this, POLi money transfers are quick and convenient. So, it comes as no surprise that people are eager to start playing via POLi!
- There are no fees attached to deposits and no credit card details are required. No casino player wants to deposit $20 and only have $18 to play with. The reason so many people claim welcome bonuses is because they want more than their deposit – not less. So, the fact that making deposits using POLi is free is always going to appeal. In addition to this, if you do opt for this free method, then you won’t need to enter any of your credit card details. This is perfect for players who want to keep their credit card details away from the online casino and gambling industry.
- Payments that are both flexible and secure. The biggest factor when making ANY online transaction – whether it’s an online casino or anything else, is the safety and security surrounding your money. The great news for POLi players is that POLi casinos will guarantee your money security. Every single casino operator that we recommend on our site allows players to make safe, secure and flexible casino payments. This means that you can safely top up your online casino account anytime, any place, anywhere – on whatever device you wish to play on!
- No signup requirements for encrypted deposits. First of all, if you do opt to make a deposit at a POLI online casino then it will be completed in just a few minutes. The whole process is really quick and you don’t even need to sign up! The only thing you need as a New Zealand gambler at a desktop or mobile online casino is an Internet banking account – and you just then need to enter selected details to deposit via POLi. This information will then be fully encrypted – which means you can always feel safe and secure.
- High depositing limits. Although this usually depends on your bank, first and foremost, POLi generally offers players a platform that allows for high deposit limits. However, it’s fair to say that not every bank or online casino site will have exactly the same policies or limits. As such, we would definitely recommend that you check with your casino and bank. However, it is fair to say that POLi supports a pretty high maximum deposit, which means that it is a good choice for high rollers as they can deposit a lot of money at one time.
Why POLi Isn’t Perfect
Although for many, this is an excellent banking method for online casino transactions, it is by no means perfect. Here are the main disadvantages and drawbacks of choosing POLi as your preferred payment service.
Cons of Making Poli Deposits at Online Casino Sites
As we have touched upon above it does have some disadvantages which you should certainly think about before committing to POLI payments. These are restrictions that can make the payment method unavailable to you as a player, so with that in mind, reading up fully about POLi at your casino is definitely recommended before you choose this payment server.
- Not a global payment method. We have already highlighted this point a number of times, but this is a vital piece of information – and one of the payment option’s biggest drawbacks. You can only use this payment method if you live in Australia or New Zealand.
- Only a specific number of banks can facilitate POLi casino payments. This is another very serious issue… so even if you do live in Australia or New Zealand, this doesn’t necessarily mean that you can deposit via POLi. Being an Australian or New Zealand resident does not guarantee you the availability of POLi. As such, this reduces the percentage of players that can use POLi even more.
- Withdrawals are either unavailable or inconvenient and costly. If you are lucky enough to live in an accepted region and bank at an accepted financial institution, you will still encounter difficulties should you win and want to withdraw your winnings using POLi. There are a vast number of casinos that will not offer POLi as a withdrawal method, and for those that do, this requires a lot more additional information – plus fees! This puts many off because there are plenty of other payment methods that offer free and easy deposits and withdrawals. POLi is not one of them.
POLi Across the Globe
POLi is a subsidiary of the Australia Post – the publicly owned postal company. This payment provider is available for residents of both Australia and New Zealand – but no further afield. The POLi brand was first launched more than fifteen years ago and in those years has managed to build up its company to becoming one of the most popular providers of Internet banking services across New Zealand and Australia.
Before you choose whether or not to sign up with your preferred POLi casino, you should, first of all, double-check that you hold an Internet account with one of the banking institutions that works alongside POLi, because this is not the case with every bank in Australia and New Zealand. So, it is important that you make sure this is the case before attempting to make a deposit via POLi.
Having said that, there are well over 33 million people in New Zealand and Australia that do have access to it and make the best use of it – in particular, it is popular with online casino players and gamblers who prefer to make use of POLipay for their casino deposits. In fact, because of its rising popularity with online gamblers, the anti-gambling public in New Zealand and Australia even accuse the payment service providers of facilitating online gambling and working too closely with online gambling operators in the region. Remember, whichever POLi casino you choose, you will need to make sure that it is safe, fair and reliable. Every single casino that we recommend is completely trustworthy to register and deposit with.
As stated, POLI casino payments are only available to players in New Zealand and Australia, but if you aren’t resident in this area, then there is no need to worry too much. There are plenty of banking options available to players all over the world that work perfectly for you – so you just need to find the right banking method for you that works in your region.
POLi – A Safe and Secure Banking System
There had been claims made recently by one of the biggest financial institutions in New Zealand, the ASB Bank, that POLI cannot guarantee privacy for its users. However, in contradiction to this, the employees of POLi are always emphasising that their most important priority is the security and safety of its users. They are also quick to point out that the banking system works entirely in the browser, using SSL and 2048-bit encryption and has done since 2012. This means that it is impossible for outsiders to capture and cache players personal and financial data.
So, despite protestations from other financial institutions, POLi makes sure that it fully protects its players from hackers and outsiders.
New Zealand Online Casinos that Accept Poli Experience
You will find that signing up and online gambling using POLi as your deposit method is a good experience. Ultimately, this is the perfect deposit method for any player that can access it and lives in New Zealand – as all deposits are safe, fast and encrypted. This means that – unlike with PayPal, Skrill, Neteller etc, you don’t have to go through the process of creating all different accounts in different places and linking them all together just to make one casino deposit. You can just use POLI to fulfil all your deposit needs quickly and easily.
If you are a player looking for a casino that is easier to play – or someone looking at sports betting that has a last-minute tip and wants to make that deposit quickly – then the POLi user experience means that it takes just a matter of minutes to go through the depositing process at a registered and licensed Kiwi casino site that supports POLi deposits.
Players will also find that this POLi payment method is quick and simple – and this makes it perfect for new players – that are just beginning their journey in the online casino industry. They can register for a new casino account and make a POLi deposit in just a few small steps. However, what tends to appeal most to players – especially new players that are taking tentative first steps into the online casino industry – is that the payment method is completely secure. The main advantage here is that because everything goes through your online banking account directly, there is never any need to enter your bank card or credit card details. The banking details that are required to complete the process are also encrypted, which makes it impossible for any third parties being able to access any of your information in the depositing process.
The casino POLi experience is also made much more pleasant knowing that deposits do not incur any fees at all – and there are very reasonable banking limits, which make it a suitable option not just for new players but also for high rollers and VIP casino players. You don’t have to feel limited by the amount that you can deposit in one go.
So, with such an impressive depositing user experience – instant, safe and free transactions – it’s not difficult to understand why there are now so many New Zealand players opting for the POLi payment method. Now, we are simply awaiting more online casinos to get in on the act. Unfortunately, not every casino accepts it just yet – so if you do find a casino and welcome bonus you like the look of, it’s not guaranteed that you can play making POLi payments. You may need to use an alternative for that specific casino and sign up with one of our other excellent POLI casino examples.
How to Make Online Casino Poli Deposit
If you do opt to make a POLi payment NZ casino transfer then the process is pretty straightforward. It can be done in just five simple steps and you can enjoy some of the best casino games in the industry. Whether you are using a mobile or desktop online casino, it doesn’t matter – just follow these quick and easy steps to get going!
- Firstly, pick a POLi payment casino from one of our list of recommended POLi payment casinos. We would recommend choosing one from our list because you know that these are excellent options that are safe and regulated. You can also read our in-depth reviews of casinos so that you know exactly what to expect from the casino before you sign up.
- Register for a new account, head over to the Cashier and choose POLi. As soon as you have picked your casino then you need to go through the registration process (and claim the welcome bonus). This sign up process takes just a matter of minutes – you just need to enter a few personal and bank details. Remember, if you are claiming a welcome bonus to enter any bonus code if required. Once this is done, head over to the Cashier section of the site and choose POLi as your preferred payment method. To do this, simply click on the POLi logo or select it from a drop-down payment menu.
- Make sure you have enough money in your bank account and choose your deposit amount. Obviously, this is a transfer that goes directly from your banking account to your online casino – but you are just doing this via the POLi server platform. This means that you do need to make sure you have enough money in your bank account to cover the deposit. This will also need to take into account the bank and casino maximum (or minimum) deposit amount.
- Enter the login and password details of your banking account and confirm your deposit. It is important, for security purposes, that you enter your bank account login and password to then confirm your deposit. This will normally be done on a separate pop up window that comes up onto your screen when you choose POLi as your payment option. You need to make sure you carefully enter all the details carefully and correctly. If anything is missing or incorrect, the payment will fail.
- The funds will hit your account. As soon as you have followed all of these steps, your funds will be credited directly into your casino account straight away. All POLi online casinos can process these payments immediately – which means that straight after you have pressed confirm, you will have money in your account to play the casino games. You will also receive a transaction confirmation receipt in your inbox. You should also see your welcome bonus in your account if you have made a qualifying first deposit.
Popular Banking Alternatives to Poli Pay Casinos
The reason that most New Zealand players choose POLi is that they are fans of NZ online casino sites with Internet banking because this is a safe and reliable option. However, there are lots of things you need to take into account when you pick your preferred deposit method – including maximum and minimum deposits and withdrawals, any fees attached to deposits and withdrawals and, of course, processing times, particularly for withdrawals. Taking these different factors into account, aside from POLi, there are some excellent alternatives available as well. Here are the top three preferred alternatives to POLi payments.
Across the world, PayPal has established itself as one of the leading Internet payment services – for all different transactions, including online casino and gambling deposits and withdrawals. PayPal is a method that works quickly and easily both on desktop and mobile. It’s also available at many of the top leading online casinos – not only in New Zealand and Australia but also across Europe and the US. Its popularity is much owed to its reasonable limits, super speedy processing times and very low (if any) fees. This means that many players opt for PayPal as a great POLi alternative.
Pretty much every casino in New Zealand and Australia – and across the world – can be classified as a Skrill gambling site. Like PayPal, Skrill is also an e-wallet payment option. However, this is also one of the most widely used options and top Skrill casinos are much more widely available than both POLi and PayPal casino sites. Skrill payments guarantee players’ anonymity alongside instant deposits and withdrawals – as well as no fees attached either. It’s also perfect for mobile and desktop payments and withdrawals!
Bank Transfer Casinos
A bank transfer payment is seen by many as one of the safest and trusted casino payment methods, which is one of its biggest appeals. However, there are a few drawbacks attached. Firstly, there are some casinos that attach fees to withdrawals using this method – and the biggest drawback is the time it takes to process these transactions. Most deposit options are instant, but bank transfers can take days to process, which means a long wait to start playing! Your casino transactions will also appear on your bank statement, which is also something that many players don’t like. This is safe and trustworthy, but possibly not the best alternative.
Poli Payment NZ Casino Gambling FAQs
What are the Main Benefits of Depositing with Poli?
Firstly, POLi deposits are completely free, so you don’t need to worry about additional fees being added to your transactions. Using POLi means that you don’t have to have access to a credit card or even a debit card! This is a safe and secure payment method because all of your personal payment data is completely encrypted, meaning your information won’t be revealed. All POLi deposits are immediate and confirmed straight away by a payment receipt – which means you can get playing your favourite casino games straight away. This is a quick and easy payment banking procedure, which means it takes just a matter of moments. Also, you can generally claim any welcome bonus and casino promotion available if you make your deposits via POLi, which isn’t the case for some e-wallets such as Neteller and Skrill!
Are There Disadvantage to POLi Payments?
Yes, there are a few drawbacks to using POLi. This is not a global service and is currently only available for players who reside in New Zealand or Australia. Not every bank offers the POLi service. In order to utilise this payment platform, you will need a registered Internet bank account with one of these associating banking societies. Withdrawals via POLi are not always available – and generally, casinos that do offer POLi withdrawals require more paperwork and have additional fees.
What is POLi?
POLi is a payment method that is available for players in New Zealand and Australia. It allows players to make online casino transactions in a safe and quick manner – straight from the Internet banking account into their online casino account. It supports transactions in both NZD and AUD but no other currencies.
Are POLi Online Casinos Safe?
If you opt to play at a POLi NZ casino then you will not need to be concerned about the safety and security of your financial details because they employ the strictest safety methods at POLi.
Does POLi Charge Fees and Impose Transaction Limits?
Generally, the deposit limits will depend on the online casino operator’s policy and will not be restricted by the POLi payment platform. Deposits are always completely free of charge as well, with no fees attached. The only fees that may be encountered will be attached to casino withdrawals.
Can I Withdraw Winnings Using POLi?
Yes, at some online casinos it is possible to both deposit and withdraw money into and from your online casino account. Withdrawals take a little more information to process though and can come with a fee of 0.9% of the withdrawal amount plus an additional $0.30.
Are There POLi Casino Bonuses Available?
Although there are not usually specific POLi bonuses available, New Zealand players can claim their welcome bonus or deposit bonus if they make their qualifying deposit using POLi.
Is there a Minimum POLi Deposit?
As stated earlier, this is a matter for different POLI deposit casinos as they all have their own policies which determine the minimum deposit amount that players can transfer. They usually range from $5 to $20 but it’s best to check with the individual casino first. You may also need to take into account a minimum deposit for a welcome bonus.