Online Casino Debit Card Deposit Sites NZ
These days, there are so many different online casinos and plenty of online casino payment options. However, the most popular way of depositing money at online gambling sites is still by using debit cards including Visa Debit, MasterCard, Maestro etc. So, if that’s your preferred online casino payment method then you’re in luck.
Pretty much all online gambling sites and online casinos accept debit card payments and withdrawals – and welcome Kiwis with open arms! But which are the best debit card casinos that accept NZ players? On this page, we will not only guide you towards the best debit card online casinos, but we will look at how they work, the advantages and disadvantages of playing with debit cards – and alternatives.
Making online payments using debit cards is generally the go-to method for new online casino players that wish to deposit money into their online casino account. It is very familiar to most people and as such, all the best online casinos offer this deposit method.
Here are our top NZ casinos that accept debit cards:
1. PlayOJO Casino – 80 Free Spins No Wagering on Book of Dead
PlayOJO Casino is an excellent casino that is perfect for all. It makes its aim clear from the outset – it wants to give players of all types a great experience – whether they are high rollers or just for fun players. In terms of payments, players can enjoy both deposits and withdrawals using debit cards with withdrawals taking just a couple of days. They also offer e-wallets, prepaid cards and more. What makes it stand out from others though is its no wagering requirement policy. This means any money you win from free spins is yours to keep – and withdraw straight to your debit card in just a day or two!
2. Duelz Casino – $1600 + 200 Free Spins
Another excellent debit card casino is Duelz Casino that offers a number of safe and secure payment solutions – including debit cards. This has been designed to fit in perfectly with the New Zealand online casino industry – and offers players a real escape – with magical fairies and mythical creatures. We also like the fact that there is a great battle feature where you can duel against real-time opponents whilst playing your favourite slots – and you can withdraw any winnings super quick straight back onto your debit cards!
3. Casumo Casino – 20 No Deposit Free Spins + up to $1200 Bonus
Everyone knows Casumo and there’s a reason for that… which is why it deserves one of the top spots in our debit card casino list. Apart from offering debit card withdrawal options that are very quick and very secure, this online casino offers all sorts of other worldwide payment solutions. Casumo is also an award-winning online gambling site – for a reason. Offering an extensive range of games, online pokies, bonuses and features for all, they manage to stand out in a crowded industry. Its exciting and innovative design, along with its wide variety of payment options makes it worth a look.
4. Casino Lab – Up to $1500 + 300 Free Spins
Another one of our favourite online casinos that will accept debit cards is Casino Lab – which not only allows players to deposit and withdraw using the method that suits them the best, but it also comes with an interesting backstory for even more added entertainment. This draws you into a wonderful world of lab vials, potent potions – brewing up plenty of promotions and gives you a one-of-a-kind gambling experience. Moreover, the debit card deposits are instant and withdrawals take just a couple of days – meaning you can get your money quickly and securely if you conjure up a win.
5. Jackpot City Casino – Up to $1600 + 200 Free Spins
The fifth and final casino to make it to our list of top 5 debit card casinos is Jackpot City Casino. This is one of the best New Zealand casinos for players that are looking to experience high-quality casino games and pokies – as well as those jackpot wins! This casino whisks you away to the Las Vegas strip and offers the ultimate online casino experience, with bright colours and flashing lights. Combine this with excellent casino bonuses, quality games, fun features – as well as quick, safe and secure banking options (including debit cards) and you have a combination that’s well worth a look!
Online Gambling at Debit Card Online Casinos
The reason so many people enjoy online casinos in New Zealand is that they are the perfect option for those that don’t want to go through the effort of getting dressed up to go to a casino and gamble – but prefer to do it in the comfort of their own home. They don’t need to get money out and exchange for chips – they can simply do it just by having ready access to their debit cards! What’s more, most online casinos not only allow players the option of gambling real money on games but there is also the option of free play as well – which means that players can practice different games and try them out first before making any debit card deposits. This is something that cannot be done when heading out to a good old brick and mortar casino.
Another major benefit is the number of payment methods for depositing into your account and withdrawing your winnings. Most top online casinos and gambling sites offer debit card options including Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro, Solo, Delta and Laser – as well as other e-wallet options including PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, EcoPayz and other payment methods like Poli – which is a popular Australian payment provider.
The more online casinos that are launched, the more diverse the range of payment methods – and the more debit card options that will be on offer. Out of all of these ways, the most common way is still the debit card – despite so many new ways to pay. The main reason is simply that everyone has access to a debit card of some sort – as long as they have a bank account. What’s more, depositing and withdrawing using debit cards is very convenient – you already have one to hand, they are super secure and you don’t need to process lots of time-consuming transactions. Generally, debit card deposits and withdrawals usually do not incur any transaction fees – however, casinos vary and we would always recommend you check with the individual casino you register with to see if there are any fees added to debit card transactions.
Debit card online casino transactions are also very secure – and the banks and online casinos make sure that they take care of the safety and security of each one of their players. In order to make payments, generally, players need to enter all sorts of information including name, card number, passwords etc. What’s more, the best debit card online casinos also offer their players 24-hour customer service so that if you do experience any issues, then you can contact them directly for assistance. Ultimately, online gambling using a debit card has never been more secure and convenient than it is right now.
Main Features of Debit Card Casino Payment
When you register for an online gambling site or casino site, the first thing that springs to mind is how to sign up and claim your welcome bonus. The most obvious method for most is a debit card or credit card – which is what most people use to pay for online goods and services. Aside from the familiarity, there are plenty of other reasons why a player may choose to pick debit card payments over e-wallets etc. Here are the main features to expect when paying into your account and withdrawing from your account using debit cards:
- Instant deposits. Unlike bank wire transfers, debit cards offer instant deposits straight into your casino account. This is one of the biggest advantages. This means that the minute you enter your debit card details and click on confirm, the money will be straight there, ready to use, which means that you can start enjoying your casino experience straight away, without any delays at all. The withdrawals, however, aren’t quite as quick and generally take a little longer to process. These will normally take anywhere between one to five days, depending on the casino and depending on your bank. This is slower than e-wallet options such as PayPal, Skrill and Neteller, which normally take less than 24 hours.
- Secure withdrawals. The withdrawals can be as quick as 1 day – but, more importantly, these withdrawals are very secure. Generally, because all of your debit card details are required for withdrawal – and the casino will also request verification to confirm that it is your debit card. Banks and casinos will both work together to make sure any transactions are as secure as possible using SSL encryption methods etc.
- No Fees. Generally, most online casinos will not charge any fees for debit cards casino transactions – and even those few casinos that do charge fees will only have minimal fees attached. Those that do charge fees will also likely charge fees on other banking methods too. You will need to check first for fees because every debit card will be different – with every bank having its own restrictions and policies. We would always suggest that you read through all terms attached to payment methods with whatever casino you join so that any fees – for deposits or withdrawals – so that there are no nasty surprises. You need to do this for any new casino you sign up with as each will be different. As a rule, most will not charge fees, which is great, but it always pays to check!
- High limits for withdrawals and deposits. Another reason that debit card payments and withdrawals are popular is that generally, they offer high deposit and withdrawal limits. This makes them perfect for players that are high rollers or low rollers. So, if you manage to get yourself a big win, then you can withdraw it straight away. Again, you will need to check with the different casinos as withdrawal and deposit limits will vary from site to site.
- Deposits and withdrawals in different currencies. Online casinos are usually available in many different countries – as such, players will be signing up from all over the world – using different currencies. This is why it is important for casinos to give their players the opportunity to pay in different currencies. Debit cards are perfect for this as they are usually issued upon the request of the customer – and in their own currency, which means no currency exchange fees.
- Safe and Secure deposits and withdrawals. The most important thing when signing up and depositing your money at any casino is that your money is safe and secure – and all transactions are monitored closely. With debit card transactions, there are no doubts at all that the customer’s bank information is completely secured. In any online casino – whether it’s a new casino or an established casino, it is important that each of its players is protected from fraud, hacking or scammers. As such, it is always worth making sure that you read our reviews on the casino first to see that the casino is secure and licensed by a regulatory body – which will make sure that the casino has put into place all the necessary elements to ensure your funds are protected. Any casino that we recommend here will all have stringent security put into place – and debit card transactions are amongst the safest of them all.
How to Deposit at Debit Card Casinos
First thing is first – before you even consider making any kind of online casino payment, you need to make sure that you have chosen a reliable, safe and trustworthy casino. This means ensuring that the casino has been licensed by a regulatory body, that they work alongside the best casino software providers in the industry and provide players with state-of-the-art security and data protection – as well as excellent customer service and a solid reputation in the sector. Every single casino we recommend will tick these boxes.
As soon as you have chosen your preferred online casino you need to follow these steps:
- Register for a new account at your preferred casino site.
- Click on the cashier page and choose ‘deposit’.
- Look through the banking options available and choose ‘debit card’.
- Enter your debit card details including the card number, security number etc and the amount of money you want to deposit. (Remember, if you are claiming a bonus, your deposit will need to be the required minimum amount and you may need to enter a bonus code or promo code at this time).
- Click on ‘submit’ and your funds should reach your casino account instantaneously.
How to Withdraw from Debit Card Casinos
Fortunately, withdrawing via debit card is every bit as easy as depositing using a debit card. All you need to do to initiate the process is to log into your account and check the amount of funds you have available to withdraw (and ensure wagering requirements have been fulfilled if the winnings come from bonus or free spins funds).
- Enter your account details to log in and head over to the cashier page
- Select the debit card option again
- Enter how much you would like to withdraw from your account (making sure it is more than the minimum withdrawal limit)
- Click on submit
- Your funds should reach your account within 1 to 5 days depending on the bank and casino
Debit Card Options
There are plenty of reasons that debit and credit cards are amongst the most popular payment methods for online transactions – especially for New Zealand online casino sites. The biggest reason, however, is that most people already have them – as soon as they open a bank account, which makes it one of the most accessible forms of payment in New Zealand and across the globe. They are also very easy to use – and it means that you don’t have to go through the process of opening up a PayPal, Neteller or Skrill account which can take time, especially with verification processes that occur.
Here are the different types of debit cards available:
- Visa: This is the most well known of all the debit cards and credit cards. It has a long history and is one of the most trusted names in the industry. Visa debit card payments are convenient as most people have access to them. They are also amongst the most widely accepted debit card types in online casinos. Moreover, Visa monitors its user’s accounts 24/7 and quickly detects fraudulent payments. It is also very easy to check your Visa debit card balance quickly to help you manage your money more effectively.
- Probably the other most well-known name in the industry is MasterCard – also very popular with online casino players and widely accepted at online casinos around the world. MasterCard offers its customers three different debit card options as well – the Standard debit card, Enhanced debit card and World Debit MasterCard. Every one of these options is highly secure, offers a variety of transaction options and benefits for frequent users – along with world class customer service.
- Amex – or American Express to give it its full name, is considered by many to be amongst the most reliable debit card providers out there. What’s more, it may be surprising to know, but Amex debit card payments are the most frequently used payment method in the world of iGaming. The company was established back in the 1850s and has developed a payment system that is amongst the most reliable in the world – offering debit card and credit card payment options – all in the safest and most secure way.
Different Types of Debit Card Casinos
Gone are the days when you had a handful of online casinos that you could only access via desktop and that only offered a few online pokies – and a jackpot slot if you’re lucky. The number of different casinos – and the widening variety of types of casinos means that players have a much better choice nowadays – so that they can find the casino that best suits your needs. Of course, the extra choice means that you have to be more careful when picking your casino – as not every debit card casino is a safe or trustworthy option. However, because we do the hard work for you, every casino – of all different varieties – that we recommend are completely safe. Here are the different types of casinos you can enjoy when paying via debit card:
Mobile Casinos that Accept Debit Card
More and more players like to drag themselves away from the computer screen and play whilst they are out and about – which is why the rise of mobile gambling has been significant. There is no doubt that to date, mobile technology has changed the online gambling industry immensely. In fact, according to the most recent studies, people are interacting with their mobile phones on average almost 3,000 times every day – with more extreme users interacting with it up to 5,500 times each day. So, having your online casino ready to go at the touch of a mobile button is extremely important to many. Here are some of the reasons to play at mobile casinos that accept debit card payments:
- Play wherever, whenever. You can make a debit card transaction and play wherever you are, whenever you like, in just a matter of moments.
- A wide variety of games. Nowadays, most online mobile casinos that accept debit cards offer practically the same variety of games on mobile as they do on desktop online casinos – which means you could even be able to access thousands of games right there at your fingertips.
- Mix social media with online gambling. These days you can even combine your social media accounts – such as Facebook – with playing your favourite pokies on a favourite debit card mobile casino. In fact, some even have an integrated social interaction function included!
- Bonuses and Promotions: There are some mobile debit card casinos that even offer players separate rewards and bonuses for signing up on mobile, with mobile-only promos.
Debit Card Live Casinos
There are some online casino players that simply like the feel of real-life brick and mortar gambling – and for these people, this isn’t quite fulfilled by RNG slots. That’s why there are now excellent live casinos that will accept debit card transactions, which means that you can enjoy the feel of a real casino – chatting with players and dealers, whilst still having the added benefit of not having to leave your home. It’s the best of both worlds for some. Our top online casinos that accept debit card payments will provide the perfect live gaming experience, with games such as Speed Roulette, Baccarat Squeeze, VIP Blackjack and many more, streamed straight into your own front room in real-time!
New Debit Card Online Casinos
Maybe you are someone that wants to try out one of the newer casinos. Fortunately, all top new online casinos will accept debit cards. All will accept Visa and MasterCard and most others will accept others such as Solo, Switch, Maestro, Delta and Laser. In fact, generally new online casinos have a huge amount of payment methods aside from debit cards.
If you do want to sign up for a new online debit card casino then you will need to make sure that it is safe and legit first of all. Obviously, all of our recommended new online casinos are trustworthy, but if you do decide to try out one that isn’t on our list, then make sure you do your research first!
The reason many players like to try out new online casinos with debit card payments is because of the quality of the bonuses available. The casino will often have big promotions to attract new players – moreover, all will be accessible when depositing with debit cards.
Debit Card Casino Bonuses
We have taken the time to find you the very best bonuses and promotions available for new online casino players. The great news is that all of these bonuses are valid for players making a deposit using a debit card. Often, players look for casinos with Skrill deposit, Neteller and PayPal because their withdrawals are quicker than other methods. However, the downside of this is the fact that there are a number of casinos that will not accept these e-wallets to claim the bonus. On the other hand, pretty much every welcome bonus and casino bonus will accept debit cards as a valid deposit method. So, simply pick whichever bonus or promotion you want, make the minimum deposit via debit card and the bonus is all yours.
Debit Card Online Casino FAQs
What is a Debit Card Casino?
A debit card casino is an online casino that accepts deposits and withdrawals via debit cards such as Visa and MasterCard. However, debit card online casino sites also offer a number of other banking options – so you can use more than just one method if that suits. Great alternatives available at these online casinos include e-wallets such as PayPal, Skrill and Neteller, credit cards, bank transfer, pay by phone, prepaid cards and more. The best debit card casinos offer the widest variety of payment options.
Are Debit Card Casinos Safe and Secure?
It’s not possible to say that every single casino that offers debit card payments is completely safe and trustworthy. There are certainly going to be scam casino sites out there that accept debit card payments. All of the debit card casinos that we recommend, however, are safe and secure. If you need to check, simply look to see whether they are licensed and regulated by a body such as the UKGC or MGA.
Are There Any Fees Attached to Debit Card Payments?
Normally there are no fees attached to debit card payments, which is one of the benefits of using it as your preferred payment option. When paying with other methods such as Bank Transfer or PayPal, casinos can often add fees for deposits and withdrawals. However, deposit cards are most often free from fees. However, we would suggest you check through the terms and conditions to see the online casino debit cards fees.
Can I Make Withdrawals using a Debit Card?
Yes, not only can you make withdrawals using debit cards, but these debit card withdrawals are quick and easy – and will usually arrive into your account in just 3 to 5 working days:
- All you need to do is log into your account and see how much you have to withdraw.
- You then go to the cashier and click on ‘Withdraw’.
- From there, select debit card as your preferred withdrawal method and enter how much you want to withdraw.
- Click on submit and you should receive your winnings in between 1 and 5 days.